Thursday, April 11, 2013

Why Over Analyze?


The idea has been brought up in this class that maybe we are over analyzing. That things are just the way they are and we are reading just a little bit too much into it. To this I say hell no!

We can not allow ourselves to think this way. We must continue to question why things are being reported to us in a certain way, or in some cases not reported to us. To not question is to be indifferent and those who are indifferent deserve the deepest layer of hell. Right? Isn't that in Dante's Inferno?

On a serious note, I really do believe that there is no such thing as over analyzing. We can not become mindless beings that just absorb rhetoric like a sponge without ever questioning it or thinking about it. I fear that if we let this happen we may end up like those awful creatures that portray human beings at the end of the Disney movie Wall-E.


I believe that if we halt our questioning and allow the media to do what they want, we will lose our critical thinking skills. We will be much easier to control than we already are. Ultimately we will become a race of mindless herds of people, almost like cows. 

So no, I do not believe that we over analyzed any subject covered in class this semester. I do not believe that over analyzing is possible. I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of every lecture this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment