Thursday, April 11, 2013

Male Responsibility


I know this is going back a few weeks ago but I want to talk a little bit about the whole "women are not funny thing."

I do not believe that women are not funny nor do I believe that they do not have to be. I simply believe that it is the responsibility of the male to keep the conversation going. It is not because women are not capable of continuing a conversation.

There is some truth to men feeling that they need to make themselves attractive with humor. But I think it is a little bit more about chivalry honestly. A woman should not have to worry about filling in awkward silences with witty humor, that is the responsibility of the man. However, if I ever find a woman who can fill in those awkward silences with witty humor, that woman is a keeper for sure and she will never leave my side.

I do agree with the idea that women are already attractive to men therefore they do not need to be funny. But a woman with a sense of humor is definitely a much more attractive woman. I also agree that men need to have a sense of humor in order to attract women. Without humor a man is just about unarmed.

So it is the responsibility of the male to come up with conversation ideas and to fill in awkward silence with witty humor, and in some cases embarrassing stories. This is not to say that women are not allowed to be funny, it just is not as necessary for them to be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment