Thursday, April 11, 2013

Why I hate the Kings of Leon

-->
On the first day of class, when she said she hate’s the Kings of Leon, I knew I was going to like this professor. I do too share a deeply steamed hatred of the band the Kings of Leon, and here’s why.

Flashback to August 2009. It was my first ever Lollapalooza. I was going into my senior year of high school.  I thought I had a good sense of music at the time. On the first night the two headliners that played against each other were Depeche Mode, an 80’s band, and the Kings of Leon. So at the time I really didn’t like Kings of Leon, but I didn’t hate them. I watched the Decemberists open up for them, then they took the stage.

They looked ridiculous, all wearing vests and shit. The music was terrible, they were obviously drunk. They asked the crowd who wants to hook up with them tonight. The worse part was a 15 year old boy was next to me with his phone out. I looked over and he was audio recording the entire show while singing obnoxiously. So I know that doesn’t give me that much ground to hate them, but two things I learned after the awful show did.

At the exact same time during their set, just a couple stages over. Kid Cudi was performing.  This was like two weeks before Day n Nite came out and he became huge. I love Kid Cudi, and knowing now that I could of saw him perform when he wasn’t famous and I saw the Kings of Leon really upsets me. Don’t worry I eventually saw Cudi at Lolla in 2011, and it was awesome. The other reason I hate the Kings of Leon is their name. It’s a band of 3 brothers and their cousin, their father’s name is Leon. So they’re kings of their father? What arrogant, talentless pieces of garbage, I’m glad their career is going down the tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment