Thursday, April 11, 2013

Why do people hate hipsters

I'm not a hipster by any means, and I really don't know too many people who live the hipster lifestyle. I live in a duplex, however, and I live right next door to people that meet the definition of being hipsters. After living right next to these people I can understand why some people love to hate hipsters. They have decorated the porch that we have to share with stickers of political right slogans, and I can always hear them having very judgmental conversations about people who don't have the same views as they do. I can tell that they think they are really cool and one of a kind, but they are really not. They wear the typical hipster skinny jeans, trucker hats, have lots of tattoos, and lots of piercings. One of the things that makes me really mad is the nonstop noise from all the parties they throw, which seems like it is almost every night. There have been times when I have told them to turn down the music, but it never ends up happening. What makes the parties that they throw so unbearable, is that every person that comes to the parties are exactly the same as they are. They think that they are starting some unique revolution, but don't realize that they aren't any better than the average person. They talk about certain rights that people should have, without realizing that I should have the right to have at least one night of peace and quiet to get some homework done. I'm sure that there are hipsters out there that I would like, but my first experience in dealing with them up close has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth 

No comments:

Post a Comment