Thursday, April 11, 2013

How could you not think girls are funny?

Seriously, how could you not think girls are funny? When we talked about this in class, I obviously got pretty heated up over this topic. All throughout growing up I was always known as the goofy girl, someone easy to talk to, energetic, and so on but I always could make people laugh. I was not "trying too hard" either, it is just my personality. I don't take things to heart and when someone jokes around with me you better believe I do it right back. This just isn't myself either, all of the girls that I hang out with (for the most part) are hysterical and I am not just saying that because I am a woman. Our guy friends laugh at our jokes or laugh when we joke back in the same sarcastic way they did. So why is this even an issue? Why do some people don't think women are funny? or if they are it is because they are using masculine traits? This doesn't make sense to me. I think Emma Stone and Anna Faris are two of the funniest women on television but they are extremely feminine. I mean Anna Faris was a playboy bunny in House Bunny and that is the furthest thing from "masculine." This whole topic just rubs me the wrong way because who says you have to have "masculine" traits to be funny? I understand when you use "guy" lango to be funny (such as joking around about sex) it can be taken as a masculine trait but who said that was a masculine "topic" to begin with? Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment