Thursday, April 11, 2013

Not My Style

When I heard that we were going to have to write a blog for this class I immediately was disappointed. Blogging isn't my kind of thing and I am almost kind of against it. To me, Twitter, blogging, and other things like them are just ways for people to gain self approval. They use the internet to branch out to people all over the world where at least one person will agree with what they are saying. Much of what people are saying on Twitter and blogs fall under a "Who cares" category, but when they see their followers growing they feel more important. The attention is truly what they seek and the internet is the only place they can find it. Personally I keep my opinion to myself most of the time unless it is an issue that I feel strongly about. In this situation I would rather debate with the person face to face than hide behind a post on the internet. Blogs tend to shield the poster from a true debate if they have enough loyal readers. If a person were to comment arguing an opposite side many comments would follow from loyal readers trying to disprove the person arguing. This isn't the case all the time, but I have seen it happen more often than not. Even after writing these blogs I still feel the same way that I did at the beginning. It's still a medium where people can try to gain the approval from others when they can't get it in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment