Thursday, April 11, 2013

Too Much is Too Much

   In my opinion, The solution to our problems can not be found by increased gaming time. Gamers found across the globe all gather for virtual reality experiences. Though some may claim to be into our great "real world" problems many of them have not participated in any actions to help resolve them. Games are used as an escape or a way to experience worlds/situations we would otherwise never explore. Games created to help the environment or to solve world hunger will not find players or solutions. This is my belief because as I previously stated games are used as a way to explore worlds or situations that are not offered to us in our everyday life.
  Some may argue that the game "SIMS" offers real life situations that we experience daily. My response to that argument is that the individuals that play the game for large amounts of time daily are not experiencing these interactions in real life. I can make this assumption because I did play the game for long hours when I was in middle school. I did not have the normal everyday interactions with non-virtual individuals outside of school because I was too concerned about my "Sim Family". Though I participated in after school events, and clubs I still missed out on many interactions.
  Increasing our game time will not increase our productivity. It will shift our problems from world hunger to obesity, and lack of social skills. The lack of social skills can already be found in the younger generations as talked about in class. Some one stated that when they call home to speak with family their younger siblings rather text then have an actual conversation on the phone with them. The younger generation is a way to look into the future, and for a nation that is already consumed by technology I believe we should not purposely increase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment