Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hipsters


I want to talk about my views on hipsters. Hipsters are the people who think outside the box. One thing I absolutely hate about this country is our overall taste in music. I hate that record companies can decide who is top 40, it’s spewed all over the radio all day long, and people accept listening to the bad music. 

What’s even worse is they even like it, which pushes people like Kesha into more undeserved fame. Hipsters go out and find the music they enjoy, no matter how obscure it may be. I am sick of them getting a bad rap, because I myself am part hipster. 

I do not dress like a freak from 1983, but I do listen to a lot of indie music. I hate mainstream music, just like the rest of hipsters. I think it’s ruining normal people’s logic when deciding if music is good or not. A perfect example is when my good friend told me that only good music is on the radio. Artist’s “make it” when they are on the radio, and he tells me it’s what 95 percent of America likes and I am the one who is crazy.

 I’m sorry but Kesha, or 2 Chainz for that matter are not good at all. They sell an image that is ate up by people, and it’s sad.  If Pac or Biggie never died there is no way 2 Chainz is famous today. Here’s for the hipster movement, where one day America might be like England and the majority of its citizens will praise and listen to good music. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment