Thursday, March 14, 2013

Caster was Faster


When it comes the sad story of Caster Semenya, I am completely on her side. She is such an amazing person. If I was in her shoes this would have been a bigger problem then it had been. She respectfully took the test, and continued with her racing career. The reason I found it to be very rude to gender test her was due to the fact that she did not even come close to breaking the world record. Yes she blew her competition out of the water, but the only testing from that should have been a drug test. Not only did she not break the record, but she didn't even run a great men's time. If she would have looked how everyone wanted her to look then would she have been either drug or gender tested? Another reason why I think it was unnecessary was due to the fact that her previous time had gotten her the FAST lane on the track. They do not just stick random runners in random lanes. From my previous experience with track and field I learned that the faster runners are always in lanes four through six. With the Olympic boards lane placement they kind of had a statistical bias for her to win. This now brings me to all of the other previous Olympic winners and the women who set the world and Olympic records. I wonder if they were ever tested, and if a man ever killed his competition is it right that they only drug test him? It is a one sided world in favor of “masculinity”.

No comments:

Post a Comment