Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Madelyn Webster 4


Sarcasm… the second language I am fluent in. I love a good moment of witty banter; some well worded, pointed, and often offensive words. All said in good humor of course. It really might be one of my favorite pass times. I have been called “aggressive” more times than I can count and I guess that could be why. According to what was said in class, women who are very sarcastic are viewed as bitches and aggressive so I guess it makes sense. It has never bothered me to be called these things though. In fact I take it as a compliment. According to Tina Fey, who we all know is a hilarious woman, “Bitches get shit done”. I would say that the majority of my sarcasm that gets taken the wrong way is to men who are excellent dishers but not so great at taking it back. If I have to be the one who introduces them to that, then so be it, someone has to break the ice. In response to those men who cannot take the heat, I really don’t care what they think of me anyway. I would never want to waste my time dating a guy or even being good friends with someone who is unable to go back and forth without getting their panties in a wad. Lucky for me I found someone who appreciates my sarcasm, along with my corniness, and weirdness which I would have to say are my other great comedy assets. So call me what you want, it doesn’t bother me a bit… I’ll go on making snarky remarks after everything you say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment