Wednesday, March 20, 2013

How to make a guido


Today I was quite bored. After finishing up with classes, I decided to reunite myself with the MTV show Jersey Shore. I have always been a fan of the show since the start of the first season. I found the show very amusing at first to think that these people actually took themselves seriously but then I found it to be entertaining in that I was excited to see what would happen the next episode. Anyway, while watching the show, I remembered that Dr. McCauliff said that she absolutely despises the whole cast of Jersey Shore. This makes me wonder. Why is it that so many people do not like the Jersey Shore class? This can most likely be answered in many ways. For example, they get into fights. Both genders on the show have an uncontrollable urge to have sex with anything that has a pulse. The guys care more about their appearance than anything else going on in their lives. Etc. After watching a few episodes, I realized that all of these pile up into a big message to our nations youth. Because MTV is a public tv channel, children of any age could tune into the show and see what Snooky will do next while heavily intoxicated. These individuals on the cast of Jersey Shore easily influence youth in very many bad ways. Young girls and boys both perceive the cast as “these is how people in their early 20’s should act.” This, ladies and gentlemen, is a very disturbing fact. Hopefully, children are or are soon to be taught how the media can have a negative influence on them at an early age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment