Thursday, March 14, 2013

Look at this picture

Lauren Kruger-Patchin
Look at this picture

Blog #8 - 3/14/13

I was on Pinterest, searching through all of the posts my friends pinned today. I came across a pin about food to eat and food not to eat. It linked to several websites and I began looking at them out of curiosity. I always want to eat healthy, but sometimes I have a hard time knowing what is actually healthy. Everything seems bad for you anymore...

So I clicked on a link and a video started playing. I paused it the second a picture came up, because it reminded me of class today. We talked about how women are seen for their makeup, hair, womanly curves and how men are seen as being muscular or "masculine."

I don't think this picture could have fit the female/male stereotypes any better...



Good thing Jeff has big muscles and Isabel has big boobs, right? Now we know who is a woman and who is a man... This is part of the reason we have gender stereotypes. I see stuff like this everywhere. People are brainwashed to think that muscles are how we define a man and boobs are how we define a woman.

I just wanted to share that photo with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment