Monday, March 18, 2013

Funny People

Women aren't funny? Since when aren't women funny? Some of my favorite funny people are women but maybe that's because I am a woman! As I was reading the first two articles, it made me think of a time I was involved with a situation with a friend who didn't want to see a movie because it was a "comedy for girls".  The movie, Bridesmaids was mentioned in the third article.  This movie is one of my favorite movies of all time! The lead actors are women and they do a wonderful job at being funny.  When I first suggested seeing this movie to my friend he was reluctant and argued with me about seeing it.  He laughed throughout the whole movie but still to this day he tells me it wasn't funny.  I'm not understanding that.  Is it a guy thing? Can guys not enjoy movies where the funny people are women?  From what I see on television women comedians are becoming more popular.  You can see more of them on SNL or comedy central and they are even the leads in popular shows like 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation.  I think people need to be more accepting of the changes that are happening in television and movies.  Women can be just as funny as men. It makes me happy when I see my favorite funny people, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, getting the recognition that they deserve.  They were able to light up the stage at the Golden Globes with their hilarious one liners.  I hope these women and others can help change the face of comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment