Monday, February 11, 2013

One Grand Night of Television


Ratings for Sunday Night


I just want to quickly discuss the night of television that was Sunday night February 10, 2013, and how it was absolutely impossible to keep up with it on social media. Last night on there was The Grammy's, The Walking Dead, college basketball, and plenty of other new episodes for shows that I don't know about. It got to the point where I literally turned to my roommate and asked him, "who did this to us?" I made the decision very early that The Grammy's were definitely not as important to me as The Walking Dead. I also made the decision that tweeting during an episode as important as last nights episode was not going to happen. So I definitely felt left out when it came to the social media aspect of everything that was going on that night. I just made sure that I got to see Fun perform and that's all I needed from The Grammy's. It became clear to me very quickly that I was among the minority after making that decision. There were plenty of tweets and Facebook posts about The Grammy's and they continued even while The Walking Dead was on. My theory is that most people decided to watch The Grammy's and catch a re-airing of the new Walking Dead episode later on that night. So I did get that left out feeling, but it's okay because I'm still happy with my decision. I'd rather watch zombies being dismembered than a dumb awards show any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment