Sunday, February 17, 2013

Facebookin'


Facebook.....Facebook..Facebook. Finally a class that is talking about something being used today haha. I think Facebook has its good sides and its bad sides just like EVERYTHING else in life. Well almost everything, I still can not find what the good reason for killing is yet. The possibilities against the realities is another way to look at Facebook. Before I took this class and still today I have the same perspective on the subject. Facebook allows us to make the world a “flat” place again. I say this meaning that we can connect with anyone who has an account across the entire planet. I honestly can not think of anything besides twitter that reaches to such a large audience. I think Facebook has the ability and possibly will change the world for the better. On the other hand could Facebook be hurting us as a mankind. It allows us to connect from afar, but is it causing us to be stuck living IN the internet and putting our face to face communication on the back burner. Another downside to Facebook is the reading of text. Unless we are all the greatest communicators in the world we cannot depend so greatly on text itself. There is so much that goes into non-verbal communication that is missing online and in books. Even anyone reading this can take something completely different from it then what I intended.  

No comments:

Post a Comment