Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Branding our Children Ellen Lee 005

-->
I never put much thought into the idea of branding because it was always something that was second nature to me. I found this topic very interesting because it took me back to when I was playing this “guess the logo” game and I made it through the first whole level with the help of my roommate. I did not necessarily take any notice to this until our last class. It made me start to think back to when I was a kid and I was very well versed on knowing my logos of different companies.

I do not think this is necessarily a bad thing for children to recognize company’s logos and slogans, especially if these logos help the cognitive process in any way. If kids can learn the signs of companies that are healthy or educational then I do not think branding is a bad idea.  Kids are the best way to instill the media in communities because kids have more of the need to satisfy their cravings and want more then adults want to.

Branding is always going to be a part of our culture. It is something that companies have seen work and there is no point to go back and change something even if it might not be necessary. I do not think branding is a bad thing, but I do think there are areas for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment