Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Trend of All Trends Ellen Lee 004

Last class we talked about Hipsters and the controversy over what being "cool" means. I was surprised at how many people were hating on Hipsters, especially since no one said anything to defend this style. Me I have never been into the hipster style, but I am friends with people who did like that style and they weren't any different than me. One of my friends Rachel really liked the Hipster look not because of the controversy behind the fashion, but because that was just her style.

I think Hipsters are not given enough credit. I think the extremest give this trend a bad rep and I think we as a society need to see past our own stereotypes of these people and need to look past the look. However, I do understand the annoyance for this trend though. Someone calling themselves "different" when really they are just doing the same thing everyone else does. I also notice that all Hipsters find all the other Hipsters in their surrounding areas. I always thought this was peculiar because they all just flock together, but this is probably  due to the places these people go to hang out.

I do not hate the Hipster but i would not say I am more attracted to them then the average normal Joe. I think the Hipster movement will probably fade out sooner than later, and it is just a matter of time before the next trend becomes the object of criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment