Thursday, February 28, 2013

Madelyn Webster 3

Women are misrepresented in the media, men are misrepresented in the media, kids, dogs, cats, just about everything you see is misrepresented in the media, and you know why? It sells. No one wants an ugly doll. I can see the politically correct ads now “Here is our new every girl doll, she has a birthmark, she is pleasantly plump, her clothes are just a little drab and definitely not designer brand, she is just like every real girl in the world” Who wants to buy that? Let alone watch it on TV… I mean am I the only one guilty of going to see a movie because the main actor is swoon worthy? I don’t think so. The issue I have with this whole deal is not the media, because they just take what consumers want and bring it to them. My issue is with the American people themselves. Our culture is so centered around sex that it is seen in literally every aspect of our lives. Who can blame the media for using it if it works? When we as a culture stop buying Victoria’s Secret, stop watching shows that have explicit scenes, and stop listening to music that talks all about sex, maybe then a change will occur. Regardless of what it is, the media will use whatever the most successful way to make money is. Making money is their only goal and it is their job! Again I ask can we blame them for doing their job? I for one say no. Who we should blame is the corrupt society that we live in, the one that lets sex rule our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment