Thursday, January 24, 2013

Required Credits

I took this class because it satisfied one of my requirements for credit. After finding out what we will learn and how the class will be run, I am very excited that I did. This class is very interesting, fun, and different than other classes I have not enjoyed. My favorite part is the text. Usually classes have dry and uninteresting required reading that is painful to get through. I really enjoy reading the interesting and relevant articles instead of just regurgitating entire chapters that I only read because I had to. I have never blogged or been very into blogging. After reading the article, "Why I Blog" i wanted to learn more. I downloaded about seven or eight apps on my phone just to see what it is all about. I found some pretty good apps that can customize your news feed and blogs you receive by your preferences. I also found a great app that you can connect news, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more all in one place. It's really nice just opening one app and having it all right there. I think this class will be extremely helpful for our future. Although most of us use the main social media sites currently, this will help us master it. Mastering these tools could come in handy after college. Social media is used by such a large variety of businesses that it could give you an edge over your competition when looking for a job. How quickly it has expanded blows my mind and excites me for what is to come in the future. I want to be as talented as I can be to open up opportunities that  were not available even a couple of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment