Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Madelyn Webster


In the midst of all of this Manti Teo drama, I thought it was a good occasion to talk about how my Media Logic would not allow this to happen. In other words, how Manti Teo is obviously either lying, or a complete schmuck. I know that a lot of what I see on the internet is not true. I also know that Heisman nominees, and NFL prospects normally have no trouble getting the ladies. This is where I have trouble buying the story Teo is trying to tell. Does he not know that it is easy to lie on the internet? Did he not find it a little weird that he of all people could not get this girl to meet up with him? He is after all a household name. I am nowhere near famous. The majority of people at Ball State do not even know who I am, but if I had and online boyfriend, you can bet they had better be willing to meet me or its game over. At the very least he should have skyped her or something. I mean if he had only seen one picture of the girl I do not feel like he had a real relationship with this girl. He is claiming that he got "catfished" and it may be true but like I said if he did... he has the IQ of a squirrel. Now whether he lied or is just dumb, it shouldn’t make a difference as far as his NFL standings. The man can play football and that is really all that matters as far as that is concerned. There was really no harm in the situation, besides Teo’s much bruised ego, so make your own decisions as to his character, but you cannot argue with his future career in football.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! This entire situation reminds me of the movie and show Catfish... how do any of these people let this happen to them? Where is the common sense? Some people have gone YEARS with an online-only relationship that turns out fake. Some might say people are too trusting, I say they're dumb. How is it even a relationship if they've never seen each other in person?! It's interesting, that's for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe he was duped, and he was just very naive. He apparently tried to meet up with her, but she also stood him up, he tried to Skype her, but she apparently had all sorts of problems getting it to work. The only reason he must have continued the relationship was because of their phone conversations. Deadspin has released some of the voicemails "she" left him, and the guy doing the voice is VERY good at doing a female's voice. I would not have believed it was a guy if I didn't know the story. And to answer the "he is a Heisman candidate and a star, he could have anyone he wanted". Well, he "met" her a couple years ago before he was a big name. Yes, he was known to ND fans, but he was never the best defender on the team and far from winning any awards. It wasn't until this season when he exploded. And I heard a month or so after he found out she "died", he started to date a real person with whom he had physical contact, so he did eventually "get any girl he wanted". In the end, he is still super gullible and too trusting, but like you said, it has 0 impact on him being drafted and he will likely enjoy a 5 year+ career in the NFL and no one will care or remember.

    ReplyDelete